We are looking for kind, ambitious, talented, curious individuals who know LazerEdge's content like no other and are driven experts of social media! If you’re confident in your abilities to bring impact and value to LazerEdge’s brand, keep reading.
We are Creators, creative industry rogues, Instagram-story lovers, community managers, and #foryoupage admirers. We are not just on the Internet; we are creating the stuff the internet wants to see. Whether that’s a viral TikTok video or the latest Twitter meme, we’re passionate storytellers. We move so fast and make so much good content. So, we need more folks, who can come up with compelling content ideas and then create them! We’re looking for the unconventional, less-obvious, unseasoned (or over seasoned) creative pros, but above all - passionate makers and culture shakers.
Want in? We love dedicated video and design creators, subversive artists and illustrators, obsessive meme makers, and we don’t care if you’re fresh to the workforce or working on your third act. What’s your hustle? Documentarian? DJ? Sports junkie? Fashionista? Blogger? Vlogger? Redditor? Are you an Insta-fiend? An unabashed TikToker? Or both? We’re here for all of it... Just as long as every day you love coming up with insightful and relevant content ideas and have the skills to make them.
- Uses and creates on social media daily
- Has an ability to make relevant content across all platforms and has extraordinary skills in at least one if not all of these: design, video editing, social media copywriting
- Videography or design education OR equivalent relevant experience; all applicants will be asked to provide recent content examples from social media accounts
- Shows a demonstrable passion, curiosity, and experience in making creative content on social media platforms - Tweets, TikTok videos, Instagram visuals, YouTube edits, Facebook Posts, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Reddit, Discord, etc.
- Proficient in one or many of the Adobe Creative Suite programs and eager to continue to learn and evolve in other efficient and effective ways to make social-first content: Adobe Creative Suite, mobile creator apps, and in-app editing (Instagram Story creation, TikTok editing, etc.)
- Responsible, accountable, and deeply passionate about their own personal interests and hobbies, and of course, kind, compassionate, and empathetic because you love the magic of collaboration
- Proficient in English
The Gig Is:
- Creating emotional, impactful, objective-oriented content for LazerEdge’s brand
- Mastering the ability to turn any branded content into a volume of social gold (clips, gifs, graphics, photos, stories, copy, etc.)
- Working with a wide range and quality of video and static imagery - from a collection of photography to short video clips - and turning them into content assets built for individual platforms and audiences
- Create and manipulate video, a plethora of photography, social copy, gifs, short clips, streaming stories, etc.
- Honing your design, editing, and blurb-writing skills utilizing standard industry software and social platforms
- Service rapid turnaround times, capture trending moments, and deliver and receive feedback, all while keeping a clear, enthusiastic, and proactive attitude towards content creation
In addition to doing all of this for LazerEdge, you will create content for Young Entrepreneurs of Surry. Think Shark Tank but for the 7 high schools in Surry County. You will launch the social platforms for this brand and will encourage thousands of our Community Members to do what they love!
- Respond to this posting and attach resumé. We will review all candidates and notify all qualified candidates of their status. The next step of the hiring process is a content creation challenge. Please keep an eye on your spam folder!
- Provide the link to your profile on your most - used platform, second most - used platform, and third most - used platform.
- Also send other links to content you've created.
- What CREATIVE programs or apps do you create content in most frequently and are most proficient in? (please be specific about each program and if you use Adobe products, please say which)
LazerEdge is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law.